One of the world’s largest gold mines.
Pueblo Viejo is located in the Dominican Republic, approximately 100 kilometres northwest of the capital city of Santo Domingo. Goldcorp holds a 40% interest, with the mine operator Barrick Gold Corporation owning the remaining 60% interest.
Pueblo Viejo is one of the largest gold assets in the world. With proven and probable gold reserves of 14.93 million ounces, Goldcorp’s interest represents 5.97 million ounces. (as of December 31, 2015)
First gold production was achieved in August 2012 with commercial production declared in January 2013. Production to Goldcorp's account for 2015 totaled 381,700 ounces of gold.